We Love Trees
Noya recently increased our pledge from planting one tree per product purchased because we are committed to change. Climate change isn't going away and neither are poverty or hunger. We want to do what we can now. So now we plant ten trees for each product you purchase. We partner with Trees For The Future to plant these trees in sub-Saharan Africa. Thank you for joining us in supporting the beautiful planet that supports us without end.
The brilliant minds at Trees for the Future created a system of planting trees that sustainably changes lives. Their Forest Garden Program provides families with the tools necessary to create and maintain sustainable food sources, livestock feed, products to sell, fuel wood, and increase their annual income by up to 500%. Trees are planted in a range of environments from coastal areas to mountains, restoring soil that had been unproductive for decades or even hundreds of years. When you plant a tree you're helping the local people and environment now and the entire world for years to come.
But that's not all! Did you know?
- A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year and can sequester 1 ton of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old.
- One large tree can lift up to 100 gallons of water out of the ground and discharge it into the air in a day, supporting the earth and animals around it.
- One large tree can provide a day's supply of oxygen for up to four people.
- Each year, one person uses wood and paper products equivalent to a 100 foot tree 18 inches in diameter.
- Strategically placed trees save up to 56 percent on annual air-conditioning costs. Evergreens that block winter winds can save 3 percent on heating.
- Trees and forests play a crucial role in preventing landslides not only by reinforcing and drying soils, but also in directly obstructing smaller slides and rock falls.
Tree fact sources: www.fs.fed.us, and www.fao.org, & www.ncsu.edu